What is Digital Marketing?
In this article, let us understand what is digital marketing, digital marketing strategy, types of digital marketing, benefits of digital marketing, and digital marketing tools in detail.
Digital marketing is an umbrella term used to define all marketing efforts that are undertaken with the help of electronic devices or the internet facility. Business entities today leverage a variety of digital channels available in the market, the types of digital marketing tools may include social media, search engines, email, and their websites to link with current and potential customers. This can also be referred to as web marketing, online marketing, or internet marketing. Digital Marketing has no geographical borders. There is not one but many paths to expand your business using digital platforms. Your business will reach the users considering the amount of time the world spends online and the variety of digital platforms available.
Benefits of Digital Marketing
The Benefits of Digital Marketing include:
- Global Reach: A website permits you to find new markets and trade internationally for only a tiny investment.
- Lower Cost: A well planned, and well-targeted digital marketing promotion can reach the right customers at a much lower cost than conventional marketing methods.
- Trackable, Measurable Results: gauging your online marketing with web analytics and other online metric tools makes it easier to determine how effective your promotion has been. You can acquire detailed information about how consumers use your website or respond to your promotion.
- Personalization: If your customer database is linked to your website, then every time someone visits the site, you can greet them with targeted presents. The more they buy from you, the more you can refine your customer profile and market efficiently to them.
- Openness – by becoming engaged with social media and managing it prudently, you can build customer allegiance and create a name for being easy to connect with.
- Social currency: Digital marketing allows you to create participating promotions using content marketing tactics. This content can gain social currency – going from user to user and developing viral.
- Improved Conversion Rates: if you have a website, then your clients are only ever a limited click away from making a purchase. Not Like other media which need people to get up and make a phone call, or go to a shop, digital marketing can be smooth and direct.
Types of Digital Marketing
Some of the most common digital marketing strategies are explained below:
- Search Media Marketing(SMM)
- Search Engine Optimisation(SEO)
- Social Media Marketing(SMM)
- Email Marketing
- Television Advertising
Pay per Click(Pay-Per-Click)
Pay per Click is a type of paid Search Engine Optimisation method used for marketing the products and services. The advertiser’s bid for certain keywords on the search engine which the writers require to use in the SEO content. Ad Rank is the determining factor. The cost per click depends on many factors including the industry, competition, and market trends, etc. however, Pay per Click is the costliest method of digital marketing. Only big business firms will be able to afford this method.
Search Media Marketing (SMM)
Initially, Search Engine Marketing was an umbrella term used to define digital marketing strategies. However, over a period, the Search Engine Marketing meant only for paid advertisement activities. If you can see the word “Ad” before the title of the article, then it indicates that the advertisement is paid one.
Search Engine Optimisation(SEO)
It is a process of earning quality web traffic on search engines mostly on google. The free traffic earned using SEO techniques called Organic traffic. If you manage to earn more visitors to your site, the advertisers would prefer to post their adds linked to your blogs. However, it is important to optimize SEO content to attract users. The quality of content, coverage of content, customization of content, and many other factors have bearing on the success of Search Engine Optimisation based promotional activities.
Social Media Marketing(SMM)
Social media marketing involves the usage of social media platforms for the promotion of goods and services. Some of the most prominent social media platforms like LinkedIn, Twitter, Pinterest, Youtube, and Facebook are used for Social Media Marketing.
The business can build a strong customer base by establishing trust and confidence among those who are active on social media platforms. It is important to note that any deviation in service delivery would damage your business since the social media users have the power to negatively impact your business by bad word of mouth on their networks.
Though it is one of the oldest methods of digital marketing, even today the TVs have the power to touch many lives across the world. The TV is the most trusted device to connect with households and individuals for promoting products and services.
Email Marketing is one of the most trusted modes of digital marketing in which business connects with clients and prospective clients through well-focused emails. It may in the form of Newsletters, promotional mails, free downloadable ebooks, and many other instruments. Today a majority of us using email box and our frequency of visits is considerably shorter. Especially those who are in business have a habit of visiting mailbox frequently in a day.
Mobile being an omnipresent instrument, has impacted our daily life in virtually everything we do. Beginning from checking our daily calendar to calls, messages, alerts, entertainment, business, meetings, and many more. Some of the studies have established that individuals have been spending a considerable amount of their time on their mobile phones which is an opportunity for digital marketers to push through their promotional content.
Digital Marketing Tools
So far, we have seen how to do digital media marketing and the plans required. Now let us understand the tools required for digital media marketing services. Businesses today understand the best routes to connect with their customers. However, digital media marketing tools ease their life in connecting with their clients. Some of the digital media marketing tools perform optimization duties on behalf of business firms who subscribe to them. A few give very good recommendations to optimize content for promoting your products and services. In this section let us view some of the most popular social media market tools that are extensively used in the market
- If This Then That (IFTTT)
- Facebook Messenger
- Rival IQ
The above-mentioned tools offering high-quality digital media marketing services at highly affordable rates.
Digital Marketing Strategy
A digital marketing strategy is a process of achieving your digital marketing goals. Your strategy describes how you will achieve your goals, such as increasing your transition rate. Exemplars of digital marketing strategies consist of a social media promotion that includes partnerships with influencers, a content marketing strategy that uses online leads to drive leads, or an expansion marketing strategy that uses social media and email build customer trustworthiness. Let us see some of the important steps in creating a good digital marketing strategy:
- Define your brand
- Building buyer persona
- Create SMART goals
- Choose a digital marketing platform
- Establish your digital marketing budget
- Brainstorm and finalize the plan
- Launch Campaigns and promotional activities
- Track the results
We will discuss each of these steps in the article in detail
I hope you are now clear about what is digital marketing, digital marketing tools, digital marketing strategies, and benefits of digital marketing. Please feel free to share your thoughts in the comments section.
Other Related Articles:
- Do you want to formulate a winning business strategy?
- What all you need to know about marketing strategies? 4 best examples
- How to Save Income Tax? 5 most important methods
- Need a low investment best business idea? Here 7 best business Ideas
- What is a Business Plan?
- What is PESTEL Analysis? Examples, templates and PESTEL analysis in marketing Explained with the examples of 3 popular multinational companies
- What is Blockchain Technology?
Follow us on Facebook: Billionaire Sayings